Friday, November 13, 2009

Paella

I saw an easy recipe for paella in the October issue of Everyday Food. I was a little skeptical because Dick has eaten paella in "the" best restaurants in Madrid, and is a bit of a food snob, but I figured, what the heck. So I cooked it up this morning for lunch and it was judged as being "wonderful". Even fit for company! By the time I decided it might make a good blog post we had already dug in, so it's not a pretty dish at this point, but I'm sure a team of photographers could do something with it. The mussels are missing because the grocery store was out. Next time. We could also Alaskanize it by adding a little smoked salmon or some halibut. Maybe a bit of crab. The saffron blends so well with everything. If I can find the link to the recipe I will come back and post it, otherwise it should be on Martha's website.

No comments: