Friday, September 4, 2009

The 2009 Alaska State Fair

If you weren't there, you missed out. This years winning cabbage broke the world record. It weighed in excess of 125 pounds. That's a lot of cole slaw! It was also actually very pretty. A new event this year was the snake tent. I kept thinking about David and Ethan. These snakes were huge, venemous, and amazing. There was also a show, but it was crowded and we couldn't see anything.
Grandma with the prize cabbage and the prize pumpkin, I think the pumpkin weighed about 82 pounds. The rutabegga was also a record breaker put the thing was so ugly I didn't take a picture. It's just to the left of the cabbage.
The pumpkin.

This pig was amazing, she's 17 months old, weighs 950 lbs. and is pregnant (overdue) with 8-12 little ones. She didn't want to move around much and it was so crowded that I couldn't get a decent picture. But she was a hoss!

It was a gorgeous day, and we ate more than we should've, but I'd saved my points all day for this this and it was worth it.

1 comment:

deerhollow said...

The Alaska State Fair is the best fair on the planet!!
We loved that outing back in the day.....