Thursday, February 6, 2014

~ Happy New Year ~

 Dick and I spent New Years Eve in Salt Lake City with Michael and Aubrey and Megan.  It's such a fun city with so much to do. And a very beautiful one too. Temple Square is my favorite spot. Especially during the holidays.
We arrived a little early while the kids were still working and spent some time in City Creek Center. 
If you have some time to spare shopping is always a good idea. 
 The holiday decorations were so nice and festive and it was our last chance to see them as 
the New Year would require they be put away for another year. 

 Lights are such a wonderful symbol of what we should look for in life.

 We started the festivities off with some appetizers and an awesome
 pizza dinner at Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana. 
The meatball starter was pretty amazing!
It was all very good! And they have a gelato
place next door but we were stuffed!

The kids! 
 Following dinner we headed to temple square for a concert at the tabernacle. The lights and decorations were just spectacular! And it was mobbed! I've never seen so many people there. Except for maybe conference but I don't know. 
 I loved this nativity on the pool surrounded by floating candles. 
Meg. Contemplating life. Or just shivering, maybe.  
Our hosts for the evening: after running around the city and catching up on some events 
we retired to Mike and Aubrey's and played games and ate snacks. Mike even played
 his new guitars for us which was a lot of fun! 
I'm so grateful for my sweet family. They bring so much joy to my life. 

No comments: