Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Traditions

Without really meaning to I've discovered that I have some Conference Traditions. The main thing is to get out of bed, turn on the TV, grab pen and journal, pay attention and take good notes. I know it's all going to be online, in the Ensign, etc. but taking notes helps me to focus. These are two of my most favorite weekends of the whole year. I love hearing the prophets and leaders of the church give us timely counsel for our day. But in addition, I have found that there are some other things I look forward to during the weekend. One is quilting. A few years ago I purchased some old unquilted quilt tops and decided to use these weekends as an opportunity to finish one of them. I've also finished up a few for family members. Below are the results. I even have one ready for April 2009. My first top - baby size. Purchased in University Mall while shopping with my friend Randi.
Savvy's for her first big girl bed.

And old top for Uncle Mike's bed.
And this weekend - an old lap size top. There are some other traditions we have but that is another post. I hope your conference weekend is great. And if you are not able to share it with others, at least make the best of it for yourself.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Dibs on the bottom quilt! Christmas is coming up and it would be the perfect gift, don't you think?

deerhollow said...

You're a busy girl! I love conference weekend, too!! Wish they were 4 times a year! You're quilts are beautiful!!