Monday, August 27, 2012

Slice and Dice!

I want to start a culinary blog but right not I just don't have time. Maybe one day soon! This is the training kitchen at AVTEC and it's new and amazing. Today we practiced our knife skills slicing carrots for some future dish and onions and bell pepper for tomorrow's student lunches. We also did some dicing as well just for fun!
 Lovely carrots. I wish I was eating these for dinner!
 Julienne sliced onions.
 My professional cooking instructor, Chef Hall, holding the peppers.
I am the only old person in my class, The rest of the students range from high school graduates to still very young people. There are 13 of us and overall it's a very good group. But the kitchen is where everyone is at their best!

2 comments:

Valli said...

You look so cute in your hat! Very professional.

Unknown said...

We all hate those stupid looking hats!