Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chicken Not So Little

Anybody want to take a guess at who or what laid this lovely large egg? I'm not sure I would've know unless someone had told me. But I'm sure to all you farm kids out there this is a no brainer. But I just had to brag - cause when it's a million below zero and you haven't seen grass, blue sky or the sun for a millennium (okay, I exaggerate, but it sure feels that way) a large egg is a show stopper! It's so pretty I hate to crack it. I wonder if I could get Gabby to sit on it for a few weeks if I would get something else?

You know, maybe there is a parable here. I will ponder it. Like maybe I need a vacation. Badly and soon.

4 comments:

Nemesis said...

I want fresh eggs like that. Also I thought that was a real chick at first and was like, "Huh? When did you get chicks!"

Valli said...

Is that a goose egg? Where'd you get it? What a lovely omelet that will make.

Unknown said...

My friend Robin in Seward. She must have a goose. Or geese. Not sure. She recommends them for baking. Jenny wants me to measure the contents when I crack it. It must be at least a full cup.

Spitfire said...

Maybe a gremlin will pop out--it's grossly huge.