Monday, March 8, 2010

Coming Soon to a Blog Near You!

We arrived back in Alaska around 5:30am this morning, picked up luggage and arrived home around 6:30am, asleep in bed around 6:31 am. I am definitely having a very hard time typing since I haven't touched a keyboard bigger than my iPhone in two weeks! Lots of correcting.

Pictures are forthcoming. I got up at 9am and proceeded to try and organize my near dead self enough to attend my first presidency meeting in my new Relief Society presidency. This was the calling I was extended about six weeks ago but circumstances prevented my being sustained until yesterday, still in my absence. That's a long time to keep a secret! Too long as a matter of fact so I just told some people. Hehe. But they were people who could keep secrets, like my sweet children who are too busy to think much about my comings and goings anyway, which is fine.

Tried to go to work but after seeing five cars off the road (one completely flipped over) and more snow coming down I called my boss and let me know I'd be working from home today!

Then I picked up some groceries, another task requiring way too much brain power for me today. I could go in a couple of different directions here but I am going to try and keep my comments on track. "I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!" We enjoyed Stephanie being able to come over to Kauai for 5 days and spend some quality time with mom and dad and then my brother came over for the other 9 days. It was a very unique experience. And some really fun times that none of us will ever forget. It's going to take me a few days to get back into the swing of things because we were gone for two full weeks and that's the longest vacation we have ever had in Hawaii.

Highlights:
The helicopter ride around Kauai
Hiking the Na Pali cost trail (or part of it)
Grilling at the clubhouse
Dinner at The Beach House and Plantation Gardens
Laying on the beach at Poipu
The wildlife, whales, seals, turtles, peacocks, birds, exotic fish, chickens, cows, and horses
Snorkeling
Fabric shopping!!!
The soap shop
Glass Beach and we have glass to prove it
The sunrise and sunsets
Lapperts ice cream
Beatles music
Hiking Diamond Head
Farmers markets
Waikiki beach
Shaved ice

We are also very grateful for the technology that allowed us to hear our last Bush District Conference as it was officially dissolved and absorbed by the three Anchorage stakes. As a result Dick and I were both released from our callings. And more technology whereas we could watch our stake conference via the Internet from our condo in Kauai as Dick was sustained onto our stake high council. Along with the three new bush branches, Dick and I were the only ones with access to that link.

Lowlights tomorrow!

No comments: