Monday, January 31, 2011

Power Foods

While in Costco last week I came across this little cookbook. I'd seen it before but am trying to resist the urge to buy things I don't need. I decided I needed it. The book lists 38 of the most healthy foods and 150 recipes for using them in a variety of forms and meals. Selections include fruits, berries, vegetable, nuts, grains and lean meats and protein sources. Also included are 12 healthy foods you should eat organically due to the high levels of toxins in these foods. Costco even sells some of these organic food items, such as apples and they are same price as the regular ones so you don't kill your food budget!
Another interesting list are foods for specific health concerns ranging from allergies to type 2 diabetes.
The best part is that all recipes look really yummy and lend themselves to all kinds of possible substitutions if you see something that isn't a family fave. Enjoy!

No comments: