Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Years Resolution #1 - Learn to Knit

I have been wanting to learn to knit for a while now because so many friends and family are making wonderful things and I want to make wonderful things too! So my first order of business this year was to take a knitting class. There is a new place just down the road from my house called "The Tangled Skein" and it's very small and very cute. I never dreamed there was so much knitting paraphenalia out there. I signed up for a two hour class and I am now making a scarf. And my instructor is wonderful. I was the only person in the class so I had two hours of undivided attention. I love it so far. Now I have something new to do while I watch movies or just have some free time and carrying around a scarf is a lot easier than carrying around a quilt! I have a whole list of things I want to make, hats, mittens, booties, socks, the list goes on and on. Maybe one day I will get brave and make a sweater!The yarn is wool, 90% Peruvian Highland wool and 10% tweed. I love the little multi-colored flecks, I think it gives the item personality. I know the pictures looks a little funny on the bottom, but blocking will fix that. So, at last, I am a knitter!

2 comments:

Nemesis said...

Oh my gosh, look at you! You knitting machine . . .

deerhollow said...

I would LOVE to learn to knit! Way to jump in with both feet!