Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How to Have a More Worshipful Christmas

This was copied from the Church's Facebook post this morning. I really liked it and I can see that there are some things I am doing right and a couple I need to work on.

Here's some practical advice to help you find your ideal Christmas. Simplify the season and you may find that for every minute you spend here, you'll get 10 minutes back to enjoy this holiday more fully.

Replace some holiday decorations in your home with reminders of Christ.
Politely decline requests that will take you away from family.
Play more Christmas music.
Donate gently used items to a thrift store.
Go Christmas caroling.
Avoid “mad rush” shopping times.
Say thank you as often as possible.
Schedule a night to help another person or family.
Call someone you normally wouldn't to wish him or her a Merry Christmas.
Delegate some holiday preparations to children or other family members.
Trim the gift list.
Simplify a traditional activity.
Find quiet time to pray.
Write down great memories as they happen.
Set and stick to a holiday budget.
Forgive a grudge.

There is a younger sister in our ward who just had a baby (#5) and I am going to call and see what I can do to help her. I usually just assume these new moms have plenty of friends and don't need any additional help, but I've decided it doesn't matter. You can never have too many friends or too much love. The best days are the days we make a difference in someone else's life!

No comments: